This course will teach the basics of Microsoft’s dialect of the standard SQL language: Transact-SQL. Topics include both querying and modifying data in relational databases that are hosted in Microsoft SQL Server-based database systems, including: Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL Database and, Azure Synapse Analytics.
This course can be valuable for anyone who needs to write basic SQL or Transact-SQL queries. This includes anyone working with data as a data analyst, a data engineer, a data scientist, a database administrator or a database developer. It can also be useful for others peripherally involved with data or wanting to learn more about working with data such as solution architects, students and technology managers.
• Use SQL Server query tools
• Write SELECT statements to retrieve columns from one or more tables
• Sort and filter selected data
• Use built-in functions to returned data values
• Create groups of data and aggregate the results
• Modify data with Transact-SQL using INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and MERGE
Module 1: Getting Started with Transact-SQL
Module 2: Sorting and Filtering Query Results
Module 3: Using Joins and Subqueries
Module 4: Using Built-in Functions
Module 5: Modifying Data