- Guaranteed To Run
- All Courses
- ALL MICROSOFT COURSES
- FUNDED COURSES
- Avantus Learning Offers
- About Us
- Rewards Account Login
Learn how to automate administration on Windows Server to enable your DevOps workflow
Microsoft Windows Automation with Red Hat Ansible (DO417) is designed for Windows Server professionals without previous Ansible® experience. You will use Ansible to write automation playbooks for Microsoft Windows systems to perform common system administration tasks reproducibly at scale. You will also learn to use Red Hat® Ansible Tower to securely manage and run your Ansible playbooks from a central web-based user interface.
This course is based on Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.8, Red Hat Ansible Tower 3.5, and Windows Server 2016 and 2019
Windows Server administrators interested in automating management tasks and in using
automation tools to implement their DevOps workflow.
• Configure Microsoft Windows systems to be managed with Ansible.
• Create and manage inventories of managed hosts and provide credentials to manage
them to Red Hat Ansible Tower.
• Write Ansible playbooks to consistently automate multiple tasks and apply them to
• Run individual ad hoc automation tasks and complex playbooks from Red Hat Ansible
• Create survey forms in Red Hat Ansible Tower to simplify playbook operation.
• Parameterize playbooks using variables and facts.
• Write and reuse existing Ansible roles to simplify playbook creation and reuse code.
• Leverage existing PowerShell DSC code to extend the power of Ansible automation.
• Automate common Windows Server system administration tasks using Ansible.
Module 1: Introduction to Red Hat Ansible Automation
Module 2: Run simple automation commands
Module 3: Implement Ansible playbooks
Module 4: Manage variables and facts
Module 5: Install and update software
Module 6: Implement task control
Module 7: Deploy files to managed hosts
Module 8: Interact with users and domains
Module 9: Automate Windows automation tasks
Module 10: Manage large projects
Module 11: Construct Ansible Tower workflows