Welcome to CyberSAFE: Exam CBS-410. Regardless of your computer experience, this class will help you become more aware of technology-related risks and what you can do to protect yourself and your organization from them. This course will help you to:
• Understand both security and compliance needs and requirements.
• Recognize and avoid phishing and other social engineering attempts.
• Recognize and avoid viruses, ransomware, and other malware.
• Help ensure data security on computers, mobile devices, networks, the Internet, and in the cloud.
In this course, you will use discussions, case studies, and the experiences of your instructor and fellow students to explore the hazards and pitfalls of technology and learn how to use that technology safely and securely.
*CertNexus is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
This course is designed for all users of computers, mobile devices, networks, and the Internet, to enable them to use technology more securely and minimize digital risks, regardless of technical ability. This course is also designed for you to prepare for the CyberSAFE credential. You can obtain your CyberSAFE certificate by completing the CyberSAFE credential process on the CHOICE platform following the course presentation.
In this course, you will identify many of the common risks involved in using conventional computing technology, as well as ways to use it safely, to protect yourself from those risks. You will:
• Identify security compliance measures.
• Address social engineering attempts.
• Secure devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, and more.
• Use the Internet securely.
Lesson 1: Identifying Security Compliance Measures
Lesson 2: Recognizing and Addressing Social Engineering Attack
Lesson 3: Securing Devices
Lesson 4: Using the Internet Securely
Appendix: Mapping Course Content to CyberSAFE Exam CBS-410